8 Apr 2008

Learning in later life (notes from Jim)

Learning in later life

What stops older people from learning?

What is the value of learning in later life?

How do I reach older people?

What would I say to an older person I wished to encourage into learning?

Questions for which I still require answers please?

I wish to find partners please?

Dear Prime Minister

A five minute presentation: -

Why our work is important?

What we do to ensure that our work is of the highest quality

How we can do it?

3 bullet points for each issue?

A statement?

A song?

A drama?

A dance?

Demography

Employment

Retirement age

Working age

Women

migration

Fertility – birth rates

360 appraisal

Who do I work with?

Who could I work with?

Who could be my champion?

Who could I share my work with?

Where are older people in advising me?

Who could help evaluate my work?

Who would help me sustain my work?

Who do I need to influence?

NETWORKS

PEFETE & LACE

LISA, LENA, LARA

AGE

EURAG

ZAWiW

AIUTA

Older & Bolder

AEA

2 comments:

ArtGateshead said...

Here also is some information that may be of interest to friends:
A company called The Gap-Year Tour Company in the UK traditionally working with young(er) people has now targetted old(er) people. This is oproving quite successful, Nick Ross, Managing Director says: "A lot of adults come to us wanting to do some serious study but don't want to go back to university so we launched our gap year for mums programme." Google the company for more info.
Best Wishes
Bernard

ArtGateshead said...

Hi again,
there is a conference in London 18 June on intergenerational work entitled "Safe and Stringer Communities: creating caring neighbourhoods for all ages". It involves government ministers and senior practitioners but is expensive(!) at £250 per delegate but you may want to watch out for notes/reports after the conference on http://www.4children.org.uk/events/show/ref/147
Best wishes
Bernard